Since you never know what may happen during a collapse, you have to truly be prepared for anything. One of the most important skills to know after how to prepare and find food is first aid. This includes knowing natural remedies that can help you out if you or your family members are stung by a few yellow jackets. Knowing these remedies and how they work may just might all the difference!
Natural Home Remedies For Yellow Jacket Stings Include:
Yellow jackets generally do not leave the stinger embedded in the skin still, if it does get stuck in the skin due to repeated attacks then remove the stinger with the help of a blunt knife or a pair of tweezers and wash the area with soap and water. Then, proceed to the following natural home remedies for Yellow Jacket Stings.
• Application of ice packs for about ten minutes is one of the best Yellow Jacket Stings home remedies to reduce skin irritation and swelling.
• Smearing a paste of baking soda and water on the affected area is another popular natural cure for Yellow Jacket Stings. Alternatively, ammonia can also be used to stop the stinging sensation.
• Vinegar can also be used on the affected area to reduce itching caused by the sting. A mixture of lemon juice and alcohol is also beneficial in this regard. Simply putting a slice of onion on the wound can help in relieving the pain and inflammation.
• Herbs like calendula, eucalyptus, lemon balm, plantain, tea tree oil, clove oil and citronella oil are highly effective
• Applying a mud pack prepared from clay soil and water is an unusual but useful natural remedy for Yellow Jacket Stings. Cover the wound with gauze until the mud pack dries. Activated charcoal mixed with sufficient water can also be used in the same way.
• Rubbing a wet aspirin on the affected area is a highly beneficial home treatment
• Immediately applying enzyme-based meat tenderizer mixed with some water is the simplest Yellow Jacket Stings home remedy. The application of this paste on the affected area helps heal the wound by neutralizing the venom.
These natural home remedies can be useful for the swelling, itching, pain and healing of a yellow jacket sting when medical help is unavailable during a collapse. When you are out in nature you are in an insect's territory and you just never know what might happen. That is why it is crucial to know these home remedies so that you can be prepared if they happen to attack!
To find out about more home remedies for yellow jacket stings, please visit Speedy Remedies.