It's hard to know when it's time to truly bug out. Yes, bugging out can be in practice or during a natural disaster, but what about when you should be bugging out but you don't know the signs? Check out some of the signs to be on the lookout for. Then you'll know it's time to get out of dodge.
There are keys to show you that everything is going down. The more that occur simultaneously, the higher the probability that it’s time to get out of town. Let’s list some of them (and some of these may surprise you):
1. A complete collapse of the markets (a lagging indicator, but hitting rock bottom is a sign that it is gone), to include the Baltic Dry Index, and all commodities markets.
2. Heavy troop and police movements and coordinating activities in major metropolitan areas
3. National Guard and Active Duty troops and vehicles are out on the highways all of a sudden, moving out of cities and off of military establishments.
4. Foreign military forces on the move either in the vicinity of or to the United States
5. The President, Vice-President, and members of Congress and the Pentagon “disappear” very suddenly and noticeably… (probably heading to a bunker on your taxed dime)
6. A nationwide bank “holiday” for all banks occurs, with all accounts frozen…this would be very bad.
7. Hospitals tasked with any kind of mass-casualty emergency preparations
Best advice: have your plans in place long before all of this happens, be prepared to depend on yourself and your family alone, prepare today as if disaster will strike tomorrow, and don’t let anyone know your business. Keep in that good fight.
Well, there you have it. These are the signs to look out for before it's time to bug out. Of course, there are other signs to look for, so it's best to follow your gut. The truth is the more prepared you are (ie an excellent set of skills, a place to go and have action steps to take when SHTF), the better off you will be.
For more signs to look out for prior to getting out of dodge, check out Ready Nutrition.