For many, prolonged loss of power means eventually, the generator goes silent and when that happens, everything from heat to refrigeration to light becomes a challenge.
There are many options, including storing quantities of gasoline or kerosene or using a fireplace or wood stove, but each has its limitations.
Gasoline and kerosene pose a risk of deadly emissions and are highly combustible. You really should not use the former indoors and while the latter can be used in a ventilated area, it is not preferable.
Wood stoves or fireplaces are a safer, but unless you use either regularly, you likely do not have stocked kindling and wood to do it for very long.
In either case, fuel gel is a good alternative. The primary incendiary is Isopropyl alcohol, which means it is not highly combustible, will not splash and does not give off deadly emissions.
Check out the next page to learn how to make and use it.